Go to content Go to menu


Back at home

I came back home from Brazil on Tuesday 12/12 and found out that plants in the aquarium got grown. Some of them got holes in the leaves. It was necessary to cut leaves, especially at the Vallisnerias. I measured the values of the iron, phosphorus and NO3. The iron level was low as well as the phosphorus level. However, the NO3 was quite high. The CO2 bomb got empty too; immediately, I went early in the morning of the following day to refill the bottle to resume the CO2 supply.

I changed the water on Saturday 16/12 and at the same time I changed the green Nitrax sponge in the filter. I added three tablets of Tetra Crypto-Dunge, 15 ml of the Easy Life Profito fertilizer and 20 ml of the Easy Life Fosfo fertilizer. On Monday, I bought the Easy Life Kalium-Potassium fertilizer to supply potassium. I bought the Tetra Crypto-Dunge tables too because they finished. I added 10 ml of the new fertilizer in the evening.

On Thursday 21/12 I measured the concentration of the phosphorus and it was still at a low level. So, I applied 20 ml of the Fosfo fertilizer and simultaneously 10 ml of the Kalium-Potassium. 

On Sunday 24/12 I changed the fine sponge in the filter which had been there for more than one year. Again, I made some measurements of the phosphorus. As the results were similar, I applied 15 ml of the Profito fertilizer, 20 ml of the Fosfo and 10 ml of the Kalium-Potassium.

I kept the same model on Thursday 28/12 and Sunday 31.12. As the measured values were similar, I came to the following fertilizer dosage model:

  • 15 ml of Profito once per week
  • 20 ml of Fosfo twice per week
  • 10 ml of Kalium-Potassium twice per week
  • 3 tablets of Tetra-Crypto Dunge once per month

It seems it has a positive effect on the plants. The holes are disappearing and the leaves are growing more colorful. The Eleocharis parvula is growing well. The Anubias bartery is blooming.

On Friday 6/1, I measured the NO3 and its value was about 40 mg/L; that should be ok. On Sunday, I changed the water and applied all the fertilizers.

Unfortunately, two Ram cichlids el. blue (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi electric blue) are gone. Two of them disappeared and I found the other at the bottom.



Add comment

Overview of comments

There have not been any comments added yet.