Go to content Go to menu


Again... White spot disease

Approximately one week after moving the fish from the quarantine aquarium to the main one the White spot disease appeared on one Cardinal tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi). I immediately started the eSha Exit treatment. I wanted to apply it for five days but I didn’t have enough of it. It was enough just for four days. At the same time, I applied the eSha 2000 treatment too. It seemed to me that the disease had disappeared.

In the meantime, I ordered new treatments eSha Exit, eSha 2000 and eSha Pro-phyl on www.rostlinna-akvaria.cz. eSha Pry-phyl serves to stimulate the plants growth. The price is a bit cheaper compared to the Sklorex store, so at the end it was not more expensive even with the transportation cost. I didn’t have to drive anywhere.

I noticed that one Siamese algae eater (Crossocheilus siamensis) started rubbing on the gravel; I also noticed that a Ram cichlid gold (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi gold) was at the bottom quickly breathing. It had some white spots on its skin. I again applied eSha Exit and eSha 2000 for five days. Unfortunately, that Ram cichlid died after two days. Later, I found two Siameses algae eaters dead. I don’t know where I brought the White spot disease from. The last time I bough fish, it was in the Sklorex store. Probably, it was necessary to keep the fish in the quarantine for some more days.

On 8th of June I noticed a Ram cichlid el. blue (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi el. blue) rubbing itself against a leaf twice. I didn’t observe anything else. I found it dead two days later. I didn't know if it is due to the water or its temperature which has recently been 27 – 28 °C. It is also possible that the water parameters don’t comply with the Ram cichlids’ requirements.

On 8th of June I ran out of CO2 so I had to go to refill the bomb. It remained for 7 months.

The last month was very difficult for me. On 25 of May Lancelot, my dog and friend, was diagnosed with the spleen tumor. On 29th I drove him to the ambulance for the spleen removal surgery. The surgery seemed to have passed well because he woke up and recognized me. He died at home a few hours later. It was a very sad moment of my life.




Add comment

Overview of comments

There have not been any comments added yet.